You are here
Linear Transformer Driver
LTD (Linear Transformer Driver) technology makes it possible to drive the load directly without any additional forming of the pulse. The output pulses can have a duration of between 1 µs and less than 100 ns, voltages over a megavolt and/or currents exceeding one megaampere).
Simple, compact and modular, this technology is perfectly suited to numerous research applications where a large current or voltage is needed:
- plasma physics with a large range of densities and temperatures;
- study of intense particle beams;
creation of extreme conditions in matter.
With a principle similar to that used in the IVA (Inductive Voltage Adder), LTD technology has a number of advantages:
- limited requirements for utilities;
- modularity and simplicity;
- adaptability to a broad range of load impedances;
reduced manufacturing, operating and maintenance costs.
More information in these papers