High pulsed power solutions.
High pulsed power solutions.
ITHPP design, develop, manufacture, test and operate High Pulsed Power systems.
Currently, numerous civilian and military applications are in development throughout the world.
Based on customer specifications, ITHPP design and manufacture tailored and innovative installations that are frequently used for scientific research. Such projects are regularly published in international publications and journals.
Of note, the manufacturing of small and medium series of specific components but equally the operating and maintenance of larger systems.
These activities require numerous competencies in multiple domains: Plasma physics, Electromagnetism and power electronics to name a few of the key fields. On site at ITHPP, Thégra there a number of specific and tailored resources to ensure reactivity when facing requests from our customers.
High pulsed power technologies facilitate the amplification of electric power delivered by a system through a significant reduction of the duration of the pulse. As energy is the product of multiplying power by time, it is possible through the conservation of a constant energy and by decreasing the duration of the pulse to reach extremely high powers.
In doing so, ITHPP manufacture systems that are capable of delivering currents and voltages of up to several millions of amperes and volts over a few hundred billionths of a second. The delivered power can therefore reach beyond one hundred gigawatts.
Generally, High Pulsed Power technologies are exploited to design systems to facilitate research in Physics, notably nuclear physics. But, beyond this, numerous industrial applications are emerging.
Energy banks are in a way the simplest explanation of such systems and generate very high currents (Up to several millions of amperes). From 1920, the improvements of the Marx generators have facilitated achieving several million volts. Since then, newconcepts have emerged, such as IVAs (Inductive Voltage Adder) or LTDs (Linear Transformer Driver).
ITHPP seek to surround themselves with key associates, developing key partnerships focussed on key competencies in their respective domains.
University and academic
ITHPP collaborate with a wide network of laboratories and academic institutions worldwide to provide customers with world class scientific services. Via various agreements such as CIFRE, ITHPP supports scientific research through the employment of doctorship students.
Ongoing subjects :
- « Contribution to the study of electrical discharges in fluids with a view to fracturing rocks» (SIAME laboratory)
- « Efficiency optimisation of the electrical fracturing of rocks by the indirect method » (SIAME laboratory)
- « Contribution à l’étude de nouveaux concepts d’antennes planaires agiles, grand gain et très large bande. Intégration dans des systèmes rayonnants industriels de forte puissance ». (Xlim research institute)
- « Conception d’antennes à agilité de faisceaux, planaires, grand gain, très large bande et à très grande couverture angulaire ». (Xlim research institute)
ITHPP is a member of the competitive clusters Aerospace Valley, Alpha RLH and also with the "Association Nationale Recherche Technologie" (ANRT) and International Irradiation Association (iia).
Through innovation in the High Pulsed Power field, we wish to perennially contribute to our local economy, to facilitate the development of our contributors and their families and to preserve the environment.
We provide the conditions to stimulate innovation
In order to respond to the challenge of our mission we have defined our values:
- Technical excellence: Through lengthy collaborations with multiple demanding partners, ITHPP has acquired invaluable pinpoint knowledge and knowhow in the High Pulsed Power field.
- Learning: It is by devoting time to learning and creativity that we set the conditions for an innovative environment.
- Flexibility: By implementing an agile approach, we work by projects, this allows us to strike a balance between human competencies and technical knowledge to successfully deliver our projects.
- Initiative: Because innovations are not possible without initiative, at ITHPP, we encourage the emergence of new ideas and concepts.