High pulsed power solutions.
High pulsed power solutions.
ITHPP design, develop, manufacture, test and operate High Pulsed Power systems for defence, security, industry and research.
Based on client specifications, ITHPP generally offer innovative installations to study the behaviour of materials placed under very high pressures, to test lightning vulnerability, to realise hyper-speed impacts but also to study ultra-fast physical phenomena (flash radiography). ITHPP have also mastered, design and develop high-powered microwave equipment.
With such expertise, ITHPP has adapted its knowledge to the industry sector and today offers shockwave rock fragmentation for the mining industry as well as pulsed electron beam industrial sterilisation equipment.
Thanks to highly qualified teams and a sustained research and development policy, ITHPP is able to provide very high-level technical services. In addition, our website provides specific and adapted details to ensure a high level of responsiveness.
ITHPP is a subsidiary of the Alcen Group.
High pulsed power technologies facilitate the amplification of electric power delivered by a system through a significant reduction of the duration of the pulse. As energy is the product of multiplying power by time, it is possible through the conservation of energy and by decreasing the duration of the pulse to reach extremely high powers.
As such, ITHPP creates systems capable of delivering currents of several million amps, voltages of several million volts for durations that can be less than one hundred billionths of a second. The power produced can therefore exceed one hundred gigawatts.
In general, the High Pulsed Powers are able to meet the needs for research in physics, particularly nuclear physics, but increasingly, also for industrial applications.
Energy banks are in a way the simplest explanation of such systems and generate very high currents (Up to several millions of amperes). From 1920, the improvements of the Marx generators have facilitated achieving several million volts. Since then, newconcepts have emerged, such as IVAs (Inductive Voltage Adder) or LTDs (Linear Transformer Driver).
ITHPP seek to surround themselves with key associates, developing key partnerships focussed on key competencies in their respective domains.
University and academic
ITHPP collaborate with a wide network of laboratories and academic institutions worldwide to provide customers with world class scientific services. Via various agreements such as CIFRE, ITHPP supports scientific research through the employment of doctorship students.
Ongoing subjects :
- « Contribution to the study of electrical discharges in fluids with a view to fracturing rocks» (SIAME laboratory)
- « Efficiency optimisation of the electrical fracturing of rocks by the indirect method » (SIAME laboratory)
- « Contribution à l’étude de nouveaux concepts d’antennes planaires agiles, grand gain et très large bande. Intégration dans des systèmes rayonnants industriels de forte puissance ». (Xlim research institute)
- « Conception d’antennes à agilité de faisceaux, planaires, grand gain, très large bande et à très grande couverture angulaire ». (Xlim research institute)
ITHPP is a member of the competitive clusters Aerospace Valley, Alpha RLH and also with the "Association Nationale Recherche Technologie" (ANRT) and International Irradiation Association (iia).
Through innovation in the High Pulsed Power field, we wish to perennially contribute to our local economy, to facilitate the development of our contributors and their families and to preserve the environment.
We provide the conditions to stimulate innovation
In order to respond to the challenge of our mission we have defined our values:
- Technical excellence: Through lengthy collaborations with multiple demanding partners, ITHPP has acquired invaluable pinpoint knowledge and knowhow in the High Pulsed Power field.
- Learning: It is by devoting time to learning and creativity that we set the conditions for an innovative environment.
- Flexibility: By implementing an agile approach, we work by projects, this allows us to strike a balance between human competencies and technical knowledge to successfully deliver our projects.
- Initiative: Because innovations are not possible without initiative, at ITHPP, we encourage the emergence of new ideas and concepts.