High pulsed power solutions.
High pulsed power solutions.
ITHPP designs, develops, manufactures, tests and operates High Pulsed Power systems for defence, security, industry and research.
Based on client specifications, ITHPP generally offer innovative installations to study the behaviour of materials placed under very high pressures, to test lightning vulnerability, to carry out hyper-speed impacts or to study ultra-fast physical phenomena (flash radiography). ITHPP also masters the design and develop of high-powered microwave equipment.
With such expertise, ITHPP has adapted its knowledge to the industry sector and today offers shockwave rock fragmentation for the mining industry as well as pulsed electron beam industrial sterilization equipment.
Thanks to highly qualified teams and a sustained research and development policy, ITHPP is able to provide very high-level technical services. In addition, our website provides specific and adapted details to ensure a high level of responsiveness.
ITHPP is a subsidiary of the Alcen Group.
High pulsed power technologies facilitate the amplification of electric power delivered by a system through a significant reduction of the duration of the pulse. As energy is the product of multiplying power by time, it is possible through the conservation of energy and by decreasing the duration of the pulse to reach extremely high powers.
As such, ITHPP creates systems capable of delivering currents of several million amps, voltages of several million volts for durations that can be less than one hundred billionths of a second. The power produced can therefore exceed one hundred gigawatts.
In general, High Pulsed Powers are able to meet needs for research in physics, particularly nuclear physics, but increasingly, also for industrial applications.
Energy banks are in a way the simplest explanation of such systems and generate very high currents (up to several millions of amperes). As of the 1920's, the development of Marx generators has made it possible to obtain several million volts. Since then, new concepts have emerged, such as IVAs (Inductive Voltage Adders) or LTDs (Linear Transformer Drivers).
ITHPP seeks to surround itself with key partners, who are the most competent in their respective fields.
University and Academic
ITHPP collaborates with a wide network of laboratories and academic institutions worldwide to provide customers with world class scientific services. Via various agreements such as CIFRE, ITHPP supports scientific research through the employment of doctorate students.
Ongoing subjects :
- « Contribution to the study of electrical discharges in fluids with a view to fracturing rocks» (SIAME laboratory)
- « Efficiency optimisation of the electrical fracturing of rocks by the indirect method » (SIAME laboratory)
- Contribution to the study of new concepts of high-gain, wide-band agile planar antennas. Integration in high-power industrial dradiating systems ». (Xlim research institute)
- « Design of planar, high-gain, ultra wide-band antenna with beam agility and very wide angular coverage». (Xlim research institute)
- « Investigation of semi-conductor opening switches for pulsed power applications with output voltage up to 500kV ». (SIAME laboratory)
ITHPP is a member of the competitive clusters Aerospace Valley, Alpha RLH and also with the "Association Nationale Recherche Technologie" (ANRT - National Association for research and Technology) and International Irradiation Association (iia).
Through innovation in the High Pulsed Power field, we wish to make a lasting contribution to our local economy, to facilitate the development of our contributors and their families and to preserve the environment.
We provide the conditions to stimulate innovation
In order to meet the challenges of our mission, we have defined our values as follows:
- Technical excellence: Through long-standing collaborations with multiple demanding partners, ITHPP has acquired invaluable cutting-edge knowledge and know-how in the High Pulsed Power field.
- Learning: It is by devoting time to learning and creativity that we set the conditions for an innovative environment.
- Flexibility: Implementing an agile project-based approach allows us to strike a balance between human competencies and technical knowledge to successfully deliver our projects.
- Initiative: Because innovations are not possible without initiative, at ITHPP, we encourage the emergence of new ideas and concepts.